Wednesday 28 January 2009

Mmm BETTY

An Accident prone pesioner has described his shock at discovering he was the unwitting star of a 1970s TV show.

Mr Frank Spencer, A retired 68 year old with learning difficulties, says he had no idea he was being followed by a camera crew and only realised when the series was repeated on Dave last year.
'I was having a lot of harassments at the time' he admits, 'The BBC was taking advantage of my bad luck. Im very upset, it wasnt a very nice thing to do. Hmmmmm.'

Mr Spencer was secretly filmed from 1973 to 1978 as he suffered a series of mishaps and continually failed to hold down a series of low paid jobs. During the course of the series, made as Spencer was attempting to get over the death of his mother, millions saw him...

Desparately tryig to hold on to the rear bumper of a Morris Minor, hanging off the edge of a cliff, an event which caused him trauma induced flashbacks for decades.

Falling through a ceiling into the bed of his violent next door neighbour, a bar manager, who had previously threatened to murder Mr Spencer.

Clinging to a Church steeple while dressed as a frightening christmas elf.

Spencers wife Elizabeth, and daughter Jessica, were also filmed with Elizabeths full cooperation, according to Frank.

'I didnt know anything about it. Betty did. She let them film and kept all the money. She let them make me look like a fool, but im not a fool. Im just a little clumsy.

'I think thats why she left me, and why I lost touch with her and my daughter,' Frank laughs nervously.
'Thats why Im living in a home now. Ive got nothing. I dont even have my Beret any more. The cat did a whoopsee in it and I had to throw it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment